All certifications are distributed digitally, via eCard. PLEASE NOTE: Your certification comes directly from the American Heart Association. You will receive an invitation email from the American Heart Association to claim your eCard. Check your junk/spam folder if you have not received it timely.
***ALL STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR, AND REQUIRED TO CLAIM THEIR OWN CERTIFICATIONS*** Neither your employer, nor the staff at HEART CPR can claim it for you. Until the card is claimed by you, it cannot be printed, downloaded, or shared by, or on behalf of anyone.
Please review the spelling of your name on your eCard BEFORE accepting and claiming it. If there is an error, contact email@example.com and your eCard will be reissued.
Claim eCard via TEXT:
View your eCard by texting “eCard” to the number 51736.
Claim your eCard via Email:
1. You will receive an email from eCards@heart.org with a link inviting you to claim your eCard online. Please make sure to check your spam or junk folder. The link will direct you to the Student Profile webpage; please confirm that all information on that page (First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone Number (if entered for claiming by SMS), eCard Code, AHA Instructor Name, and Training Center) is correct. If it is not, contact your HeartCPR@aol.com
2. Set up your security question and answer. Accept the terms of the site and click “Submit.”
3. Complete the survey on the course you just completed. Your answers to these questions will help improve the quality of future AHA training.
4. After you complete the survey, your eCard will display. You can save or print your eCard.
5. Once your eCard has been claimed, you will receive an email notification; please save this confirmation email for your records.
6. Claiming your eCard is the only way you can show proof of course completion to your employer. If you need to email your eCard, please see step 5 under “How to View your Claimed eCard”
How to View your Claimed eCard:
1. Visit the eCards Search page. https://ecards.heart.org/student/myecards
On the “Student” tab, enter your First Name, Last Name, and Email (ensure this is the email address that was used to sign up for the course). Click "Search. Note: You do not need to enter your eCard Code.
2. Answer your security question.
3. If all the information entered is correct, you will be brought to a page that shows “My eCards.” If your eCard cannot be found, contact HeartCPR@aol.com to verify your information.
4. To download an eCard, select the size you would like (Full or Wallet) where it says, “View eCard.
5. To email an eCard, select “Email Cards,” enter the email address, and click “Email.”